PARENT / GUARDIAN RESPONSIBILITIES
I want my child to achieve therefore I will:
- Make certain my child attends school regularly and is on time.
- See that my child is well-rested and has breakfast each day.
- Set aside a specific time and place for homework, assisting as necessary.
- Attend at least two conferences and communicate regularly with my child’s teacher to ensure his/her academic success.
- Support the school and staff in maintaining proper discipline.
- Read with my child and let him/her see me read regularly.
- Encourage a positive attitude towards school.
- Volunteer in my child’s classroom as appropriate.
- Review information and work sent home and respond as necessary.
I understand that my education is very important to my future. Therefore I will:
- Attend school regularly and be on time.
- Complete assignments and homework.
- Bring homework and supplies to school each day.
- Work to the best of my ability.
- Work cooperatively with classmates, teachers and staff.
- Respect myself, other people, and my school.
- Follow all school rules.
- Accept responsibility for my own actions.
I am committed to creating a school that knows no limits to the academic success of each student. Therefore I will:
- Hold high expectations for all students, believing that all students can learn.
- Provide high-quality, research-based, explicit instruction in a supportive and non-threatening environment.
- Provide opportunities for parents to assist in the classroom in meaningful ways and to observe classroom activities.
- Meet the individual learning needs of each child.
- Treat students, parents, and colleagues with courtesy and respect.
- Collaborate regularly with colleagues
- Communicate regularly with my students and their families through conferences, notes, phone calls, etc.
- Do whatever it takes – go the extra mile – to ensure that every student achieves high levels of success in academics and citizenship
I am also committed to creating and supporting a school that knows no limit to the academic and behavioral success of each student. Therefore I will:
- Provide an equitable learning environment for all children.
- Encourage the staff to provide parents with information about the total school program.
- Encourage our staff to provide avenues for positive and meaningful parent involvement.